Class Room & Lobby Etiquette
Class Room Rules & Etiquette
- No Shoes
- No Gum Chewing
- Bow when entering or leaving the classroom
- No disruptive conversations
- Official Uniform required to take part in class
- Uniform must be clean with minimal wrinkles
- Traditional uniform for all classes and graduations
- Team Evolution members can wear last year's uniform to Team Evolution practice only!!
- Brown Belt and Above are addressed as Mr. or Ms.
- Treat everyone with respect
- Bow to partner to show respect
- Have respectful answers. Use "yes sir, no sir" or "yes ma'am, no ma'am"
- Earrings and other jewelry are discouraged...especially when sparring
Lobby & Office Etiquette
- Remind family members to play quietly in the lobby
- Young children need to be supervised. Students may unintentionally leave equipment, including weapons, lying around; these can be dangerous or pose a choking hazard for young children.
- This is your school, help clean up the lobby when there is a mess
- Juniors should only enter the office when invited or with their parents
- If office doors are closed, knock and wait to be invited before entering
- Stay out of storage areas unless permission is given by instructors
All Classes (Gold Belt & Above):
- Hand and Foot pads
- Hand and Foot pads required at graduation to Gold Belt
Red Belt & Above:
Sparring Classes (Green Belt & Above):
- Rib guard
- Elbow pads
- Shin guards
- Mouth guard
- Groin protector
- Hand & foot pads
Note: Sparring at Dojo Tournaments and Graduations require face shields.